Due to the limited number of spots in some of the classes, we have implemented a policy in order to give everyone an equal opportunity. This policy will be strictly enforced:
- City Fitness will allow reservations online exactly 24 hours prior to and up to 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time for ALL group exercise classes. Reservations can also be made in the club on the kiosk 9 hours prior to and up to 10 minutes after start time.
- If you have a spot reserved, you must be in the room, no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start time (ACCORDING TO THE CLOCK IN THE ROOM of the class you are taking). Please use the bathroom and get your water beforehand, as there are no exceptions.
- At exactly 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, any spots not occupied will be given to alternates on a first come, first serve basis in the classroom.
- By agreeing to register for group exercises classes online or by kiosk, you will be subject to a $5 fee for not adhering to the cancellation policy. All cancellations must be submitted no later than 1 HOUR ONLINE OR 30 MINUTES IN CLUB prior to the start of the class. If you do not cancel in time or do not show up for a reservation, your account with City Fitness will be automatically billed a $5 fee.
- YOU MUST CANCEL ONLINE 1 HOUR BEFORE OR IN THE CLUB 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO START OF CLASS. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CANCEL BY PHONE.
Thank you for your understanding.
Reserving Space or Equipment.
Class Etiquette. We request that you arrive for class a few minutes early to prepare your space or equipment (e.g., bike, yoga mat/props, etc.) and, as applicable, sign in. The warm up at the outset of the class is an important part of the workout. If you arrive late, please enter the class quietly and appropriately. Because classes are designed as group activities, you should follow the instructor's routines or instructions consistent with your personal abilities and limits. You must wait for a class to conclude before entering the studio to prepare for the next scheduled class. Please wear attire and, except for yoga, shoes appropriate for the class. You must have a sweat towel for cycle and mat work, and may keep closeable, unbreakable water bottles at the perimeter of the studio. No other personal effects are permitted in the studio. Your cell phones must be turned off or in silent mode. After class, please wipe down and return all equipment to its proper place. Only City Fitness team members may operate the stereo and lighting equipment.
Special Yoga Etiquette. To avoid disruption, you should not enter class during opening meditation or leave during the closing resting pose. If you must leave class, please inform the instructor at the outset and do so before the final pose. You should wear comfortable layered, stretchable clothes, and no shoes, perfumes, or heavy jewelry. Most people perform yoga without shoes, so we have a shoe rack provided outside the classroom for your use.